What is the secret of success?
The secret is... there is NO SECRET. There is no fairy godmother, no magic dust... (of course, there is God's FAVOR, where he will put you at the right place at the right time and meet the right people... but that doesn't mean no discipline or hard work is required! However, the 'hard work' wont feel so 'hard' because of the grace of our Lord Jesus!)
At the core of every successful person or those who achieved what they set goals for there is one common thing... DISCIPLINE!
MAKE yourself do what you NEED TO DO.. EVERYDAY, in order to create the life that God intended for you to live!
No one has ever accomplished without having some sort of self discipline, without knowing how to work for it. without learning how to earn it.
Discipline is having a strong awareness that your choices have impact and that your actions make a difference.
Harness your discipline to put into action all of the knowledge and awareness you've gained so that you can start making smarter choices about what you eat and how you move. (or any other area in your life!)
DISCIPLINE is not the strict taskmaster, it is the force that gives you purpose, focus, strength and determination so that you can accomplish whatever your heart desires--productive things, healthy things that make you feel energized and alive, the sense of power and happiness that comes from dedication .
Applying discipline to your health
- consider your motivations-- what motivates you?
- you already have discipline, it is something within you that you need to uncover.
- if you can harness your energy and attach it to your health, and harness your discipline and attach it to those activities that support your heath, then taking care of your health will become a habit!
- YOU are capable of that! you CAN do it!
- your health is of paramount importance. your body is the vehicle in which you live your life! you need to be healthy to be a useful vessel of God, to accomplish your dreams, to love others, to make this world a better place, to enjoy this amazing, precious LIFE! YOU are worth the effort! YOU are worth the energy
- what is the standard that you hold yourself accountable to?
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the results, no one else is.
- the power of discipline- cultivate self accountability!
- get to know yourself well enough to know what you need to be successful at your goals
- identify what needs to be done
- set your intention
- create a long term plan that uses short term action to reach your goals.
- taking conscious action
- follow through and be consistent!
- do your best!
- it isn't denying yourself but giving to youself!
- discipline builds discipline! so build that muscle!
Wishing you the very best